Realheart is developing a Total Artificial Heart (TAH) that replaces the natural heart aiming at saving the lives of patients suffering from heart failure, today around 26 million people in the world. Realheart is based in Västerås, Sweden and is publicly traded on Spotlight Stock Market.
Realheart is now looking for candidates for the position as CTO motivated to progress the technology from the development stage to clinical use and commercialization.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in new concept and product development. Have great knowledge of design controls and all relevant regulatory requirements for the design, development and commercialization of MedTech products.
What we offer
Welcome to join our dynamic team where you will be working with an extraordinary product that can save peoples life. We have a flexible, innovative and technically advanced environment paired with a mutual drive to make a difference. It´s a full-time position with a wide variety of added employee benefits and a global working environment, giving you the opportunity to interact with highly skilled colleagues and partners from different countries.
- Manager of the technical team including 5-10 persons, both employees and consultants
- Lead by example. Develop and mentor the team regarding product development methodology, critical thinking and problem-solving, and encourage creativity
- Collaborate with the founder and the scientific advisory board, in matters such as scientific communication, IP strategy, grant applications, clinical trials etc.
- Together with the CEO actively work with key suppliers and lead the strategic purchasing development
- Achieve objectives of technology innovation and product development, after consideration of time, cost and performance standards
- Communicate department or area issues and results within and across functional areas and hold presentations about your field, specific projects or timelines
- Ensure timely and consistent communication to stakeholders (CEO, management team and board) on progress, risk management and change management associated with technology and the R&D portfolio
Education, experience and qualifications
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Bioengineering required, preferably a PhD
- A minimum of 5 years in direct product development and launch experience within MedTech
- A minimum of 5 years experience of managerial roles
- Deep understanding of medical technology or very similar technology/systems
- The knowledge required to apply all relevant international regulations, norms and standards
- Fluent in English and Swedish with regards to understanding, speaking and writing
Mindset & intrapersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, collaborative and leadership skills with demonstrated track record
- Ability to make and prioritize process and resource decisions, based on overall team and organizational needs
- Outstanding learning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Result focused and customer and business orientated
- Comfortable in early-stage companies and able to apply flexibility, multi-tasking, attention to details, good follow-up and good judgment
To be part of the Realheart team submit your introduction letter and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than 15th of April.
For questions, please contact Susanne Hedman, Head of HR, by mail or phone: +46(0)70 44 44 521.