Realheart is looking for candidates motivated to progress the technology from the development stage to clinical use and commercialization. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Robotics/Control Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team to development the clinical version of the electronic system (hardware and software) to meet documented performance requirements.
A significant portion of this work includes managing communication with and output from international partners.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expert knowledge in robotics, embedded systems, control systems engineering, with a focus on critical systems development. Medical device experience is an advantage.
To support the development of the electronic system, consisting of electronics and software, that actuate and control the artificial heart. Ensure that design control guidelines are followed.
- Design, develop, and implement control systems for medical device applications.
- Utilize C++ for high-level programming tasks.
- Develop and simulate control systems using Matlab and Simulink.
- Work with ADA and C# .NET programming when necessary.
- Read schematics, perform soldering, and troubleshoot basic electronic circuits.
- Participate in the full product development lifecycle, including design, verification, and validation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the integration of electronic, mechanical, and software components.
- Contribute to the development of medical devices.
- Ensure adherence to critical systems development processes.
- Generate reports and documentation in accordance with the company quality system and suitable for regulatory submissions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Robotics Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Basic electronics skills, including the ability to read schematics, solder, and troubleshoot.
- Expert knowledge in C++, Matlab, and Simulink.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork abilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in ADA programming and C# .NET is desirable.
- Knowledge of BLDC motor control algorithms is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with medical device industry and critical systems development is advantageous.
- Experience in a regulated environment and in particular medical device development.
The role is based at HQ in Västerås, Sweden.
To be part of the Realheart team please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Systems Engineer
Chief Technology Officer